1. To operate an independent, efficient and cost-effective legal aid service;
2. To ensure that no one with reasonable grounds for taking or defending proceedings is prevented from doing so because of lack of means or other disabilities;
3. To ensure that in the interests of justice, no one charged with a criminal offence or having meritorious grounds of appeal is deprived of legal representation because of lack of means;
4. To improve the quality and accessibility of legal aid services to the public while achieving maximum cost-effectiveness.
5. Providing free and competent legal service to the weaker sections of the society;
6. Paying all legitimate charges that are payable in connection with any legal proceedings;
7. To organize and popularise Lok Adalats;
8. To organise Mobile Lok-Adalat to reach out to the people at their door step;
9. To popularise other A.D.R. techniques in resolving disputes;
10. Organising Legal Awareness Camps;
11. Opening Legal Aid Clinics at the, Block, Panchayet and village level and manning them with Para-legal Volunteers (PLVs);
12. Opening Legal Aid Clinics at Colleges, Universities or other Institutions;
13. Opening Legal Literacy Club in Schools;
14. Setting up Legal Aid Clinics at Correctional Homes.
15. Selection and training of PLVs;
16. Encourage the settlement of disputes by way of negotiation, arbitration and conciliation at pre-litigation and post litigation stage;
17. Undertake and promote research in the field of legal services with the special reference to the need for such services among the poor;
18. To act in coordination with governmental and non-governmental agencies engaged in the work of promoting the cause of legal services;
19. Sensitising people about issues ranging from the rights of trans-genders and persons with disabilities to prisoners and 'juvenile in conflict with law';
20. To do all things necessary for the purpose of ensuring commitment to the fundamental duties of citizens under Part IVA of the Constitution;
21. Acting towards implementing the directives issued from time to time by NALSA and SALSA, West Bengal.
(a) Rendering Legal Services
(b) Assistance in Drafting of Notices, Replies, Applications, Petitions etc.
(c) Assisting in Resolution of Disputes.
(d) Rendering advice for prevention of disputes
(e) Instant advice and information on legal aspects
(f) Assist the poor litigants in drafting, typing and presentation of miscellaneous applications
(g) Assisting the poor litigants in making oral quarries from the offices of Court, if any, with the assistance of Secretary DLSA.
(h) Monitoring the follow up actions in the matters in which legal assistance has been provided.
(i) Encouraging amicable settlement of disputes through Lok Adalat and Mediation.
(j) Settling the disputes through counselling in order to avoid litigation.
(a) Guidance and assistance in preparing job applications, including for MGNREG Scheme
(b) To Liaison with Government Offices so as to help the deserving, for clearance of their work like old age pension, ex-gratia compensation etc.
(c) To promote setting up of Legal Aid Clinic in Village and distant Villages.
(d) To provide Legal Assistance at the Village Legal Aid Clinic
(e) Assistance in Lok Adalat.